Read below about all the different motorcycle training courses we offer at Solo.
We live hectic lives these days and maybe we don’t spend as much time as we should outside doing practical activities. Learning to ride a bike can be challenging if you’ve never spent any time on two wheels or you have little experience of being on the road.
Take advantage of our introduction to Motorcycling (ITM) course and spend a few hours with one of our qualified instructors in a safe off-road environment and learn the skills that will help you on the day of your CBT.
CBT is the course which all learner motorcycle and moped riders must complete before riding on the road.
CBT can only be given by approved training bodies (ATB’s) that have been assessed by the DVSA and had their sites approved for off-road training.
CBT allows you to learn the following in a safe environment
- Motorcycle theory
- Skills to make you safe on the road
- The correct attitude towards motorcycling
Upon successful completion of your CBT you will be issued with your CBT Certificate (DL196) which will validate the provisional entitlement of you driving licence and allow you to ride unaccompanied for a period of two years.
Your age will determine which type of full licence course you can take and what motorcycle you can ride after completion.
- A1 (125cc) minimum age of 17
- A2 (650cc restricted) age between 19 and 24
- DAS (650cc) age over 24
All our courses are tailored to meet the needs of the individual, but during your lessons you will learn how to deal with the following
- Bike controls
- Moving off (clutch control)
- Rear observation at appropriate times
- Giving signals
- Acting on road signs and signals
- Use of speed
- Making progress
- Junctions and roundabouts
- Meeting and passing other vehicles
- Crossing the path of other vehicles
- Following at a safe distance
- Positioning and lane discipline
- Pedestrian crossings
- Selecting a safe place to stop
- Awareness and anticipation
Please get in touch about our Enhanced Rider Scheme.
If you been away from a motorcycle for a while, we recommend that you book yourself in for a few hours with one of our qualified instructors.